Thursday, October 4, 2007

Our Hell.

I just hung up on one of my friends. She made some reference to there being gloom in her day. I responded.
"I honestly don't think I can take anymore gloom."
"I know. I know what you mean."
*silence*

I don't know if she was in the same place as I was, but this is when I realized that this was going nowhere, because all we do anymore is commiserate. But then she started complaining again (because, again, that's what we do). I'm fed up with it. Once my dad has made his usual appearance before work, I've barely been able to concentrate on anything for the past 3 or 4 days except this anger toward my family situation once my parents start coming home. I feel like I'm constantly filling up & emptying. Almost every single day I talk to this friend of mine. I stopped listening a while ago. I just let her get it out because she needs to get it out. She's not doing anything to better her situation. She calls me & complains about all of these people that are basically rude to her because she complains so much and continuously praises herself by comparison in the process.
This is a situation that I've grown tired of, & I feel justified in not trying because I don't see her trying at all. But I should know better. That's not fair to me, and that's not fair to her. I don't want to say controversial things to her because she's so resistant. But I guess I just have to say them anyway. I've hung up on her now, so... we're going to have to address some of this stuff.

No comments: